Simple, Lazy Ranch Dressing Recipe
For years my original dairy-free ranch recipe has been an enormous hit (because it's DELICIOUS), but I will admit: the prior recipe requires ingredients that don't last long and can be pretty time-consuming to chop up.
In my own laziness (or lack of time), I have created a new and improved recipe that tastes just as good and takes 1/4 of the time! Plus, these are all shelf-stable ingredients that last a long time, so you can keep all of the ingredients on-hand all of the time (which is pretty important since you'll likely be making this a lot)!
One thing to note: this is *technically* not dairy-free (like my other recipe) due to the dried buttermilk in the ranch dressing powder. If you really need a dairy-free recipe, you can eliminate that ingredient. It will alter the taste some, but will still taste great!
- 1 cup mayo
- 1/3 cup unsweetened Silk almond milk or cashew milk
- 3 tablespoons dried ranch dressing powder
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions (dried)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley (dried)
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
1. Mix almond (or cashew) milk with apple cider vinegar in a small bowl and let sit for 10 minutes. (This makes a 'mock' buttermilk that is dairy-free and lasts longer in the fridge!)
2. After the 10 minutes have passed, add all remaining ingredients and stir.
3. Pour into a container and store in the refrigerator. Best if consumed within 10 days.
Serving size: 2 tbsp
130 cals - 14g Fat - 1g Protein - <1 Carb
A few thoughts:
- You could opt for a reduced-fat mayo or an avocado mayo to reduce the fat.
- To clean up the ingredients, you could opt for a cleaner brand of mayo such as Sir Kensington's or Primal Kitchen.
- Want spicy ranch? Add some sriracha for an extra kick!